IMPORTANT: Make sure to carefully follow the instructions and illustrations in the KYC process and ensure that all uploaded documents should have a minimum of 200 dpi resolution (scans) or 500 KB (photos).
Prefer video? Here's our step-by-step video explaining the process:
STEP 1: Login to the members portal
Visit this link to sign-in to the members portal
Login using your e-mail and password or sign-up if you haven't done so already.
STEP 2: Click on the "KYC" Icon
STEP 3: Open KYC
Click on "Open KYC" from the "Your KYC Application Status"
STEP 4: Agree to the KYC terms
Click on the two checkmarks indicating that you accept the "General Terms and Conditions" and that you agree to the processing of your personal data in accordance with "Consent to Personal Data Processing" and click on the "NEXT" button.
STEP 5: Applicant Data
Enter your email address and select your country of residence. Click on the "NEXT" button to proceed.
STEP 6: Upload Your ID
1. Choose your ID type (ID Card, Passport, Residence Permit, Driver's Licence)
*PLEASE NOTE: If your Driver's License has your address on it, you may not want to use it as your proof of ID in this step but use it as your Proof of Residence/Address document in Step 8, number 2, if you are unable to provide any other document of proof of residence/address as noted in section 8, number 2. (You cannot use the same document twice.)
2. Upload a copy of your ID: You can either drag a copy of your ID to the "Upload the document" section or click on that section to select a file from your computer to upload or choose the "Upload documents with your phone" section to upload from your phone.
3. Click on the "NEXT" button.
STEP 7: Liveness Verification
IMPORTANT: This step requires access to a camera (either with a laptop or with the camera from your mobile device).
Switching from desktop to mobile? Follow the steps below first.
The picture down below shows how to switch between the devices. A link or a QR code will lead you to pick up the verification process from where you have left it.
Click on the "GENERATE URL" button or scan the QR Code (you need a QR code scanner application on your mobile device for this to work) with your phone to get a link.
Follow the link provided or the link generated from the QR code.
Start the verification by clicking on “Upload new documents”.
2. Once you have entered the verification process, you will be asked to accept the Sumsub terms and personal data processing policy. Click on the checkboxes and the "NEXT" button to continue.
3. Follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: Make sure you are in a well-lighted area while taking the selfie; your face needs to be evenly lit.
4. Center your camera, following the instructions provided by the illustrations as shown below.
5. Ensure your camera is at eye level.
6. If applicable, you will be asked to give permission to your camera. Click on "Allow" to continue.
7. Click on “Start liveness check” to begin the "selfie" verification.
8. Center your face to fit the oval space provide by carefully following instructions on your screen. "Hold Steady" will appear when you are in the right position, keep it there for a few seconds.
10. Congratulations! You have taken a perfect shot. Click "NEXT" to continue.
11. Once completed, your selfie is going to be submitted for review, continue with the verification process by clicking "NEXT" again.
STEP 8: Provide your Proof of Residence
NOTE: If you are using an invoice for your Proof of Residence, please ensure that a "billing date" is present on the document (due date will not suffice).
1. Enter your mailing address (Make sure it matches your documents)
2. Upload a copy of your Proof of Residence (Bank statement, Utility Bill, Internet/Cable TV/House phone line bill, Tax return, Council tax bill or Government Issued Certifications/Residency): You can either drag a copy of your ID to the "Upload the document" section or click on that section to select a file from your computer to upload or choose the "Upload documents with your phone" section to upload from your phone.
3. Click on the "CONFIRM AND PROCEED" button.
PLEASE NOTE: If you alter the image in a graphic editor, the document will be rejected.
STEP 9: Confirm Your Info
Review the data you have entered to make sure it is accurate and click on the "NEXT" button to submit your application.
Success! A confirmation screen will appear indicating that it will take 1 to 3 minutes to review your documents.
Having Trouble with this process? Check out our Passing KYC Tips and Tips for Completing KYC and Wallet Download articles for further assistance.
Have questions? Take a look at the full list of step-by-step procedures provided for the LODE community.
If you still have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to the support team by clicking on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen (see image below).
Alternatively, you can also email email@example.com with your full name, username, Lode ID and email you use for the members portal, providing a detailed explanation of the issue you are having and someone contact with you within a business day.